We are on day 2 of 365. I love the feeling at the beginning of the year. It’s like a fresh new start–an opportunity to forget the mistakes of your path and set yourself on a path of success and happiness. I have already shared my reading goals for 2018 in this post, but I thought I would also share some of my own personal goals as well. I try not to make my goals very limiting. The last thing I want is disappointment because I didn’t fulfill a resolution. Rather, I created a list of overall healthy habits I want to pick up during 2018, whether they are physical or mental.
- Perhaps the most popular resolution ever, I too would like to start exercising. I don’t have any goal of losing weight or obtaining a so-called “perfect” body. I just want to get in the habit of exercising due to its health benefits.
- Drink more water. This is something I have always had a problem with. The last 2-3 months of 2017 I started working on this goal, but in 2018 I want to consistently be drinking enough water each day. It’s very important.
- Worry less. There are many times where anxiety takes over my thinking and my thoughts are consumed with worry. This is not healthy and even creates physical effects. So, as hard as I know it will be, I want to make an effort to not worry as much.
- In an effort to fulfill my first goal of less worrying, I want to adopt a mindful lifestyle. I have read many techniques on how to incorporate mindful activities into your day, such as meditation. Overall, mindful thinking is a positive and healthy way of living life in the present. I don’t want to be stuck in the past or worrying about the future, but rather I want to enjoy the moment. I want to live deliberately and not go through the motions.
- Create more “me” time. Each day, I want to set aside a dedicated amount of “me” time. Whether it is reading a book or working on a blog post or simply painting my nails, I want to be able to relax in the moment and not have to worry about anything.