Is it really the last day of 2015? Time really flew by this year, but I am definitely excited fr the ball to drop tonight so we can ring in 2016. I’m normally not one to make “resolutions” because I know I will never stick to them, but this year I have a different feeling. There are many things I want to do with this blog and goals to achieve. Here are some of my reading and blogging goals for the coming year.
- Goodreads Challenge: This year I am going to shoot for 55 books. That is averaging somewhere between 4 to 5 books a month, which shouldn’t be too hard. Especially during the summer I can normally double those numbers. This goal has a second part, and that is to ACTUALLY LOG MY BOOKS. I am so bad at doing this, so I never really know how many books I have read at the end of the year.
- Contemporary Challenge: Yesterday, I posted my sign-up for the 2016 Contemporary Challenge. I am shooting for the peony level of 11 to 15 contemporary books. This will definitely help with my goodreads goal and there are ton of contemporary books I am looking forward to.\
- Reading Before Bed: This is just a new habit I want to insert into my daily routine. Whether I read for 50 minutes of 5, I just want to get into the habit of reading before bed. It’s much better than starting at some screen, and relaxes the body for sleep.
- Try to Read Books I Already Own: I have quite a few books in my possession that I haven’t even read yet! I hope that changes in 2016.
- Reviews!!- I have to have more reviews coming out in 2016. In most cases, I read a book, something gets in way of reviewing, and then I forget what to write about. I am hoping to solve this issue by taking a few note while reading so I already have something written to base my review off of.
- Consistency and Scheduling- I do not want there to be a week where I post everyday and then nothing for the week after. I know that realistically I can’t post everyday unless I am on break, but I still want a couple of posts in a week.
- Revamping- I feel that another reason I get into blogging slumps is that I get into the same routine. A Sunday Post, a TTT, a tag, and maybe something original. While I love the features I do, I think I may switch it up every couple of months. On top of that, I want to do some more blog remodelling so I can improve Find Me at the LIbrary.
Well that’s that! I feel like none of these are outrageous goals by any means, more just new habits. I am often scared to set reading goals because it pressures me into reading and eventually puts me in a slump. I just want to read!
So what are some of your goals for 2016? Do you share any of mine? Is there anyway you think I can improve my blog in 2016 (PLEASE I LOVE FEEDBACK SO I CAN CHANGE)? LEt me know in the comments down below!