Unless you have been living under a rock, you have probably heard that Cassandra Clare’s bestselling series The Mortal Instruments is now a TV show. The pilot episode aired last night on ABC Family (now called Freeform), and I have tons to say about it!
This is my first time watching a book adapted TV show, so even though The Mortal instruments isn’t my ~favorite~, I was still really excited to see how it went. And boy, did it go well! I have not seen anyone else and their thoughts on the show yet, but I loved it! It has a great take on the story and I am pumped to see where it goes from here. Here is a list of some of my thoughts/things I liked.
- Clary is exactly, to the tee, how I imagined her.
- I thought movie Simon would be the best, but TV Simon is giving him a run for his money
- This invisibility stuff is hilarious
- “Simon, how can you not tell that she is crushing on you” CLARY DO YOU NOT SEE THE WAY HE IS LOOKING AT YOU
- I thought you actually had to draw with the steele, but how it just appears is cool too
- Jace, Izzy, and Alec = Perfection
- Seriously, these characters are exactly how I pictured them?
- The demons don’t look too cheesy so yay
- Where is the cup??
- Intense fighting scene
- Alec is angry at Jace now, so this is pretty accurate
- “You are interesting”
I really can’t explain why I am liking this so much. It just looks really cool, like the institute is really different from I imagine, but I’m loving it. Plus these people aren’t talking in British accents, so everything is better.
DId you watch the premiere episode? How did you like it?