This year I decided I wanted to partake in some reading challenges that would (hopefully) motivate me to read more. I came across this one and it seemed fitting considering the amount of contemporary releases I want to read this year. This challenge is hosted by The Book Belles and Jillian’s Books. All of the rules are on both sites, and you can sign up on either one!
There are six levels you can choose from for your goal…
- Poppy: 1-5 books
- Carnation: 6-10 books
- Peony: 11-15 books
- Lily: 16-20 books
- Tulip: 21-25 books
- Rose: 26+ books
I am going to shoot for Peony. I haven’t really paid attention to how many contemporaries I normally read, but this shouldn’t be too hard. In addition to your goal, they also have 12 challenges that you can complete.
- Read a contemporary from an author you’ve never heard of
- Read one that features mental illness
- Read a contemporary book with only one (1) word as its title
- Read one with watercolors on its cover
- Read one that you borrowed from the library
- Read a contemporary novel with more than 400 pages
- Read a contemporary book with a cover that features your favorite color
- Read a contemporary by a 2016 debut author
- Read a contemporary that’s been on your TBR for 1+ year
- Read a contemporary that starts with the same letter of your first name
- Read a contemporary that’s a standalone
- Read a contemporary recommended to you by someone else (friend, family member, blogger, etc.)
I love extra challenges because it makes me look for new books! I am looking forward to doing this in 2016, and will ensure more reviews are coming out. Definitely check out either of the sites for more information, it’s a great challenge!