Let the end of the year posts begin! To prepare for the new year, I have decided to look at 2015 overall so I can start making some goals. I got this particular survey from The Perpetual Page Turner because it is seriously one of the best ones out there! It’s here 6th time doing this survey, so you should really check it out. Answers do not have to books published this year, they can be from any book you read in 2015.
I am scared to look at my goodreads accounts, because I really dropped the ball on my reading goal the second half of the year. Let’s see the damage!
2015 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: according to what I *actually* goodreads…29
Number of Re-Reads: around 9
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Hands down because I wait so long for this book!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I loved If I Stay, so I was really looking forward to this, but it didn’t blow me away.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Surprising because it is so much different from the TV show and not in a good way!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I push the Lunar Chronicles on every person I meet, I don’t know if they ever read it, but they should ;).
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Series Started: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Series Ender: In the After Light by Alexandra Bracken
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
JENNIFER. NIVEN. I need more books from her. Please!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I didn’t read anything way out of my comfort zone this year, so I’m not sure how to answer this. Maybe To Kill a Mockingbird, since I don’t normally read classics.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Darkest Minds has so much action I loved it. You can’t get enough of the adventures Ruby and the gang have.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Definitely want to reread Queen of Shadows before the release of the 5th Throne of Glass book.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Going to cheat here and say a book I WANTED to read this year but never got around to doing it. Magonia’s cover is absolutely breathtaking.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Chubs from The Darkest Minds! He always comes to mind for tag questions asking about funny characters!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
I can not stress how much I love the ending of this book. Everything is tied up. It may not be the most lyrical novel, but a nice ending is pretty beautiful to me.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
I Was Here was very thought-provoking for me, although not that life-changing.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“The great thing about this life of ours is that you can be someone different to everybody.”
― Jennifer Niven,
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Say What You Will = 218 pages and Winter =824
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
If you have read Crown of Midnight, you know that there a ton of surprises!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
CINDER AND KAI. I can’t wait for Stars Above so we can see them after Winter!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Alex, Jordan, and Bear have the cutest friendship! You never know, there could a romance between and Alex and one of the guys in the future, but as of right now their friendship is already heart-warming.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Really just every series I continued this year, as well as rereads like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 that You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure
THERE WAS SO MUCH HYPE I HAD TO.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Anyone from the Throne of Glass series ^^^ they are all pretty awesome.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
I read books that were YA debut but the author had other books. If I’m not mistaken, Akarnae was Lynette Noni’s first ever book, and it was splendid.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Fairest is a novella in The Lunar Chronicles, but it developed Luna extremely well. I love Levana’s characterization and how she influences the city around her. It sets a nice background for Winter.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Since You’ve Been Gone is so much fun! Full of fun summer adventures and a cute romance, a summer must read in my opinion.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
ALL THE FEELS 😥
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
According to Goodreads, only 427 people read Akarnae by Lynette Noni. I won this book, and I am glad I did, because otherwise I probably wouldn’t have ever read this great story!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
See above ^^
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Yes this is a reread, but Fangirl is still one of my favorite unique books. It is rare to find a book about someone who likes books, but I’m hoping that Rowell’s success will influence some 2016 books.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
You can check my review if you want to see all the reasons I didn’t like this book. I loved To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, so this was a MAJOR letdown for me.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I discovered The Writing Hufflepuff this year and I am in love with her blog! She’s really funny and has some great post ideas. You should really check her out!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
The Best of Rick Riordan’s Chapter Titles is my favorite! You have no idea how fun it was to look at every title of his books, plus you guys seemed to like them as well!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I hosted my first buddy read, and it showed me what I need to do differently for my next one! (Yes, I said next one!)
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
I created an original Disney Song book tag, and I got to see it spread amongst several blogs. It was really cool, and I hope to make more tags in the future!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
TIME TIME TIME. For a few months I barely read anything, which lead to no reviews, which lead to me feeling super guilty and having no motivation to blog. It was quite the rough patch.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
This is actually really funny. So before The Heir came out, Kiera Cass had readers unlocking chapters with the hashtag #unlocktheheir. It was pretty big news, so I made a post on it (not even a very detailed post, just a quick one) and people would type in unlock the heir into google and my blog popped up second! I ended up getting around 400 and something views on that one little post.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
My biggest and most surprising discovery of the year is when I saw something about Stars Above and a wedding short story. I FREAKED OUT! I though The Lunar Chronicles was over, and now I still have 9 short stories to read including a WEDDING ONE.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
HAHA no. Reading slumps ruin book goals!
Alright well that’s that. I am skipping the Looking Ahead part of the survey, because those are questions I will be discussing in a few days. I really love this survey, it has so many different questions! I did notice that I was getting a little repetitive because I didn’t read as much as I would have liked, but that is just motivation for next year!