Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, there is a certain theme assigned where you have to try to list ten for that category. For more information, visit their page here.
August 31: Book Characters I just Didn’t Click With
This is a very interesting topic this week, because I have never really thought in detail of all the characters I didn’t really connect with. So we’ll see what happens
- Eadlyn from The Heir – To be honest, she was the main reason for my dislike fort his book. I have never read about a character that was so self-conceited and obnoxious. Didn’t like her one bit, and she never and that “redemptive” moment,
2. Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After– I adored the first two books of Stephanie Perkins, but this one wasn’t my favorite. I just didn’t feel anything for Isla, and she got on my nerves at times.
3. Lara Jean from P.S. I Still Love You– Notice that I say the second book rather than the first. She was definitely better in the first book, but her childishness really just grew in the second book. She’s immature in her own way and a bit to naive for my liking.
4. Peeta from The Hunger Games- Don’t get me wrong- I think Peeta is a great character and I do like him. However, I definitely wasn’t one of those people who absolutely loved him. He was just sort of there and I didn’t have any strong emotions for him throughout the series.
5. Cassia from Matched- Possibly the dullest character in the boringest book I have ever read.
6. Alice from Side Effects May Vary– She is so rude and inconsiderate to someone helping her. A very obnoxious and snotty attitude that ultimately made me give the book one star.
7. Ezra and Cassidy from Beginning of Everything- I had heard so many great things on t his book, but was ultimately disappointed. The characters didn’t feel that alive and I didn’t connect with them.
And with that, I will stop this list because QUEEN OF SHADOWS IS OUT TODAY AND MUST GO READ IT!!