I was nominated by both Travelling in My Bookcase and CK’s Reading Corner. Big thanks to both these wonderful bloggers, and I really appreciate the nominations! The blogger recognition award is a great award to showcase bloggers and let them give some of their advice.
– Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
– Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
– Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
– Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
– Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How My Blog Started
Find Me at the Library was born on a year ago at the end of July. I was having a boring Summer, and I saw the idea of making a blog about something, and thus everything was created. My decision to blog about books was really easy to make, because I wanted to share my love with others, and hopefully inspire someone else to read. I actually started with another website platform, but didn’t understand it at all, so I deleted it and made a WordPress. I was definitely one of those bloggers that slowly got into it. The first 4 months were honestly pathetic, as I didn’t have great content and still didn’t know the ins and outs yet. After many times on google searching how to do something, I got my blog working fairly well, and I started consistently posting. While I did take a hiatus every once in a while, I have mostly updated this blog regularly.
Advice for new bloggers
As I said before, I have been at this for year, and over time, I have picked up many useful tips. If you are a new blogger, here are my tips to you.
Comment Comment Comment
The best way to connect in the blog community is by commenting. I wasn’t very good at it at first, but now I’m constantly blabbing on other’s pages. This will draw people to your blog, and you really get to connect with people in the blogosphere. Also, you may find some great blogs out there just by clicking a link to comment.
Have Your Own Content as Well
Don’t get me wrong, features and tags are great, but don’t overuse them. Pick a few to regularly participate in, but no more than a couple. This will ensure that you are not only doing tags and features, and that you have your own unique content as well. One idea is to create your own meme or tag if you really want to do one, because then it can be your own.
Bloggers I Tag
As always, if you have already done this, sorry!! I just think you are excellent bloggers 🙂
Anjie @ Love thy Shelf
Kendra @ Student by Day Reader by Night
Kimsiang @ Lazy Caramel Reads
J and E @ The Wild Bookworms
Josephine @ Josie’s Book Corner
Kenzie @ Bookish THings and Tea
Audrey @ Forwards and Bookwards
Sripurna @ The Lonely Book Lover
Summer @ XingSings
Kayla @ The Fiction Fairy
Poulami @ Daydreaming Books
Twist in the Taile (Sorry I couldn’t get your name)
Aentee @ Read at Midnight