I’M SO EXCITED FOR THIS. I have seen this tag floating around the book-blogging community, and I have been dying to do it! I first saw it at Coffee n’ Notes and again on Becca and Books (which is where I always got the picture above.) Without further stalling, let’s get on with this ultimate book tag.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Haven’t tried in awhile, but I used to do this all the time. I actually read the entire Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban book on a roadtrip, and I was fine then.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I see everyone talking about these writers that are very poetic and lyrical and their words are beautiful. Then there is me, who loves John Green’s writing style. I love his voice throughout his novels, and how he can slide humor into some of the saddest stories. Some of my favorite quotes come from his books.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Always Harry Potter because…
1. So much detail into a series. J.K Rowling literally thought of everything when building the Wizarding World.
2. The romance had so much build up over the years it made it so much better.
3. Amazing well-developed characters
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
No book bag for me, I either carry a book around or have a book on my kindle and carry that with me.
5. Do you smell your books?
I don’t just walk up to a book and smell it, but I have definitely smelt a book before.
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
Unless the author can’t effectively describe something well enough for something specific, I normally like to imagine what things look like on my own. One illustration I always love however are maps. Maps are so great.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I don’t honestly know how to answer this, or if this has even happened to me. There have been times I went back to read something I used to love and was shocked I loved it so much, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the quality was lost.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
There was a story about this monster names stinky toes. I remembered all the words to it and I would always say “stinky toes, stinky toes!” Not really the funniest story, but only one I could think of.
9. What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
Animal Farm by George Orwell- barely crosses 100 something pages
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoneix- 894 pages
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I love to write! My hardest obstacle is finding things to write about though. I definitely want to write a book in my lifetime, hopefully publish it, but all I’m really concerned about is writing it.
12. When did you get into reading?
As soon as I knew enough words.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
The Great Gatsby is my definite favorite.
14. In school what was your best subject? Language Arts/English?
I definitely loved math the most (said no one ever). My favorite subject have always been Language Arts and English, and I like writing papers (as long as it wasn’t the most boring topic ever).
^That was no intended to offend people who enjoy math or make fun of them in anyway. I’m okay at math until it starts looking like an alien language.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I would only tell the person I had read the book already and I would leave out the hatred part. Then I would go to the store and see if ti was exchangeable.
16. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Rambling and ranting are number one. However, I could probably read through my posts more to catch errors, but I’m way to lazy for that.
17. What is your favorite word?
Felicity- state of extreme happiness
18. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Definitely a nerd.
19. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I have never read a book with fairies and I never will. Ever. So I guess vampires.
20. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Again, I will never read about angels. Shapeshifters are pretty cool, and Tessa was sort of one.
21. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, but only if they are like Remus Lupin. He is the nicest werewolf in literature history.
22. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Meh. I guess vampires again.
23. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Love triangles are rarely executed well, but when they are they can be great. However, I would have to choose the forbidden love cliche because it isn’t a girl going back and forth between two guys.
24. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action books with some romance is right down my alley. Of course, there are times I just want a cute romance contemporary to read and that is fine as well.
Well there it is, my ultimate book tag! I know many people have already done this, but I still tagged some people.
As always, if you want to be notified when tags like these come around, just let me know!