This is a tag created by About to Read on her youtube channel. Her video looked very fun, so I decided to answer the questions myself. Here is the link to her original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SfhSV-L3eo
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I would probably narrow it done first to a certain genre I want to read. After that would do some research on goodreads and see what other people are saying about the books. Then after all my researching, I would probably get frustrated and just pick up a random book and hope I like it.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
If I don’t like a book halfway through, I will more than likely continue reading because I am half done and I want to see what happens. However, if I am really not liking the book, I will definitely put it down.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
No, I would only try to catch up if I knew it was possible to reach the goal. If I was far away from my goal, I would continue reading as normal and see how many I read that year so I can readjust the next year.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don’t. But if I really do love the series, I will look past the cover and just accept it.
5. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
This would never happen, but if it did, I would just stop reading it while I was in public.
6. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
It depends on how much I liked the first book. If I loved it, I would definitely re-read the book so I can catch all the small details that might be important. If I thought it was okay, I would read a synopsis on a website and then just read the sequel.
7. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Say that you are in the process of rereading that series, say that you already promised it to someone else, it’s a book I borrowed for someone else. Really anything to protect my books.
8. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Read something that I know I will love or go back and reread a favorite. If I read a book I love, I get back into reading gear and I want to read everything.
9. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I will but my “absolutely must have most anticipated” books first and then go from there. After that I will reserve them from Library so I can get them one day.
10. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It depends, because if I really want to read it I will. However, there are times I buy something and it just sits there forever until I’m bored one day and pick it up.