I can’t believe it is already November! 2014 is almost over, and it’s almost Christmas time! But with the new month, comes a whole slew of book releases. Here are a few I think you should check out.
1. The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel (Nov. 4th): This story takes places after a nuclear war that destroyed the United States. The remaining surviors formed their own nation, but one problem was whose family would be in power. When the Westfall family loses, the only way power is retained is when a daughter marries the president’s son. However, Ivy has some other plans in her mind. She has to kill him.
2. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (Nov. 4th): Marguerite’s parents were the ones who created the Firebird, their greatest piece of work, which allows people to jump through different dimensions. However, when her father is murdered, Marguerite has to go through the dimensions ins search for her father’s killer.
3. The Name of the Blade by Zoë Marriott (Nov. 11th): Mio never thought that sneaking the sword out of the attack would be a big deal. However, when the power inside the sword awakens, gods and monsters from ancient Japanese myths come to life in present-time London.
1. The Silence of Six by E.C. Myers (Nov. 5th): Max’s whole world is turned around when his best friend is on the screen of their high school Presidential debate, moments before he kills himself. Max must use his own hacking skills to save himself for the government witch-hunt that he is a target of. All of this while trying to find out the real truth behind the “Silence of the Six.”
2. The Walled City by Ryan Graudin (Nov. 4th): Dai, Jin, Mei Yee- all of them are escaping, hiding, or trapped in their own ways. When these three come together, they must find a way to escape the labyrinth before their clock runs out.
3. Girl Online by Zoe Sugg (Nov. 25th): A new romance novel by Youtuber Zoe Sugg, better known as Zoella. It is about Penny and her blog Girl Online, where she tells about everything in her life. But when she is moved to New York, she meets the beautiful Noah, and falls in love. However, Noah has a secret that could blow Penny’s cover and friendship up completely.
Part of a Series:
1. Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger (Nov. 4th): The third installment of the Finishing School, where Sophronia is in her 2nd year. What happens when they find something very surprising on their train? Sophroina unravels a plot that throws all of London into chaos, and she must pick her loyalties.
2. Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (Nov. 4th): The third book in the His Fair Assassin series. Annith has been waiting for her turn to serve Death just like all of her sisters. But when she learns that she is supposed to remain in the convent, she takes matters in her own hands. She has been training to be an Assassin, and it was time she actually was one.
3. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Nov. 4th): In this shocking finale to the Mara Dyer’s story, many loyalties are betrayed, and Mara Dyer learns more about the lies she has been told. The Retribution has arrived.
4. Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Nov. 4th): In this sequel to The Naturals, Cassie and the Naturals are pulled into a brutal murder case that hits almost too close to home. Will the Naturals be able to out-trick and outsmart this murder’s twisted mind games, before he sucks them all in for good?
1. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare (Nov. 11th) : A combination of 10 short stories revolving around The Mortal Instruments Fan’s favorite character: Magnus Bane.
2. The Witch Must Burn by Danielle Paige (Nov. 11th): The Second book in the prequel to Dorothy Must Die.
Well that is all for this month-watch for my November TBR post. I’m really sorry for the bad quality of the photo above, it was fine until I posted it. Hopefully I can figure out how to fix it before next month!